Are you interested in owning a well-established business with a high turnover and regular client base?
Silk Letting Ltd welcomes to the market this popular family-run newsagents and gift store established for over 45 years, located in a prime spot on a busy high street in the heart of quaint village, Rainford.
The business is proud to be the biggest independent retailer for newspapers in the North West, selling a variety of newspapers, magazines, gifts, and more! It holds the fantastic advantage of being the only newsagents in the local area, providing a newspaper delivery service to customers in the surrounding areas, benefitting from no competition! Our client took over the business in 2015 and is highly regarded for their friendly and welcoming service, building up a fantastic loyal client base of returning customers over the years. They also operate a fully functioning professional website, selling gifts online and providing a delivery service. The business is fully equipped with all stock and equipment, ready for an immediate sale! There is also great potential to extend opening hours and increase products sold to further maximise profits.
With 5-star reviews noted online on Google and Facebook, this is a fantastic business opportunity that you do not want to miss! Do you think you have what it takes to continue this business’ fantastic success?
- Family-run newsagents and gift store
- Situated in the lovely village of Rainford
- No competition in the local vicinity
- The biggest independent retailer for newspapers in the North West
- Fully equipped business ready for immediate takeover
- 5-star reviews on Google and Facebook
- Fully functioning professional website
The store sells an extensive selection of newspapers and magazines, offering a newspaper delivery round for customers in the local area. A fantastic variety of products are sold in-store including gifts, greetings cards, balloons, stationary, confectionary, refreshments, convenience food, and snacks. Gifts sold include garden ornaments, mugs, gifts for him and her, small trinkets, and more. The business also provides other services such as a Hermes parcel drop-off service, a photocopying service, and National Lottery services. Gifts are also available to purchase online on the business’ website.
- Great selection of gifts, greetings cards and balloons for sale
- Newspaper delivery round service for local customers
- Hermes parcel shop drop-off
- A professional website with online shop and delivery service
- Refreshments, confectionary, convenience food, snacks, cold drinks, and stationary
- National Lottery services
- Photocopying service
The business enjoys an ideal village centre trading spot on Rainford’s busiest high street, surrounded by an abundance of local amenities including salons, takeaways, convenience stores and more! There is a constant stream of passing trade creating a high footfall for the business to enjoy. The high street is also within walking distance of a school, benefitting from a high footfall from school commuters. The store is just a short 3-minute drive away from Rainford Bypass A570, which is linked to the M58 Motorway and the A580. The area is also served well by the public transport system, with a bus stop located right outside the shop, operating a 30-minute service to the St Helens town centre. Rainford is also accessible by train, operating services to Manchester Victoria and Kirkby stations. Car parking is available on the main road directly outside of the store.
- Fantastic main road location
- Close to local amenities
- Bus service directly outside of the store to St Helen’s
- 4-minute drive to Rainford Station
- A 3-minute drive from Rainford Bypass A570 with links to the M58 Motorway and A580
- 13-minute drive to St Helen’s town centre
REASON FOR SALE
Our client is unfortunately selling their business due to health issues. This has created the opportunity for a new owner to build on the fantastic profits and reputation that the business has already established.
PREMISES AND FITTINGS
The store is well-presented throughout, showcasing professional modern signage and large glass windows extending across the front of the property. The property is double fronted and based over one floor, featuring a spacious interior with the ability to operate COVID-19 safe. All fixtures, fittings and stock are included within the sale. Equipment includes a display fridge, display freezer, reception till counter, Reposs till system, and Payzone services. There is also a staff kitchen and storage area to the rear of the property.
- Well-presented store
- Spacious interior able to operate COVID-19 safe
- Display fridge and freezer
- Reception counter
- Reposs till system
- Payzone card payments
- Staff kitchen and storage area
- All stock included
A detailed list of assets is available upon request.
The property is fitted with security features including a CCTV system with 6 cameras, an alarm system, and store front shutters.
RENT AND LEASE
Leasehold property. The current lease ends in 2030 and our client has advised us of an annual rent circa £12,000.
Our client has advised us of an annual turnover circa £551,000 for the current year. Gross/net profit can be provided upon request.
Our client is exempt from paying Business Rates.
The business currently employs 3 part-time staff members and 1 full-time staff member that will be removed from position when the business is sold.
Monday – Friday 05:00am – 4:00pm
Saturday 05:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday 05:00am – 12:00pm
- The business is currently operating reduced hours due to COVID-19, but there is potential to extend these hours to increase trade.
- The store could obtain a license to sell alcohol to boost sales.
- The range of products sold could be further expanded.
REASONS TO BUY
- Prominent trading spot on the main road
- Well-established business
- Biggest independent newsagent in North West
- High Turnover
- Fully equipped
- Linked by public transport
- 3-minute drive to A570
A Viewing of this business is highly recommended to appreciate its true value and the potential it has for a new owner.
Contact Mounif at Silk Letting Ltd on 0161 507 9791 to secure your viewing today